GROUP PROJECT - BROOKLYN, NEW YORK
MARCH 2016 TO PRESENT
Founded Group Project, a, inclusive, dynamic resourcing platform for the future of work. We map what people can do inside companies, then match them to work as it comes up.
Developing new data models that re-envision how businesses define projects, understand talent, and match people to work.
CONSULTANT + ADVISOR - NEW YORK CITY + ELSEWHERE
MARCH 2016 TO PRESENT
Past consulting projects have included innovation and people operations strategies for mature and early-stage companies in emerging markets, market positioning, talent strategy, and product strategy for a home delivery automation startup, and business strategy, product strategy, and service design advising for startups in technology, agencies, and consultancies.
+ Consulting Details
BUSINESS STRATEGY + PEOPLE OPERATIONS
- I have experience guiding people operations strategy and tools, business strategy, business development/partnerships, and marketing from one operational stage to the next for young companies, whether from idea to business, or founding team to early growth team. Areas of expertise include lean operations, team design, internal culture development, storytelling and pitch/proposal development, goal-setting and workflow management, hiring and on-boarding early employees, and business development.
- I figure out what to build and get it built efficiently. That means consulting on technology products and service offerings, including product concept development and refinement, UX research and concepting, agile product development, and product management and prioritization.
BRAND + NARRATIVE
- I consult on brand identity and business narrative development for nascent to mid-size companies. Expertise in defining brand perspectives and differentiation, developing consumer-, partner-, and investor-facing narratives, strategic partnerships for awareness- and brand-building, content planning and press pitching strategy.
LATERAL LABS - BROOKLYN, NEW YORK
FOUNDING TEAM, CHIEF INNOVATION OFFICER
Founding team at Lateral Labs, a global network of innovation hubs where diverse minds collaborate across disciplines to create tomorrow's world. Based in New York, we do much of our work in emerging markets, stimulating innovation through our complementary programs for startups, mature companies, and local community members.
BUSTER - BROOKLYN, NEW YORK
Developed and distributed original outlook on the future of transportation, including Buster's role in changing group transportation with data, as part of a larger shift toward technology-enabled shared transportation and communities in motion.
Advised on strategic product, marketing, operational, and business decisions.
VP PRODUCT + OPERATIONS
APRIL 2015 TO APRIL 2016
Led full UX redesign and build of product including complex consumer travel booking tools, vendor booking marketplace and management interface, pricing and matching algorithms, and marketing and support pages. Managed agile product development and strategy from beta product to mature v3.
Designed and launched first-in-industry conversational itinerary-building tool (released March 2016).
Introduced and managed internal operations frameworks including company goal-setting, hiring protocol, culture practices and workplace policies, employee guide, and everyday processes. Advised CEO/founder on core business strategy.
Overhauled messaging including company core narratives, brand voice and style, all site and promotional copywriting, and development of portfolio of best-in-industry original marketing imagery.
Oversaw early partnerships strategy and implementation.
GOOGLE, INC - NEW YORK, NEW YORK
FOUNDING TEAM, NEWS LAB AT GOOGLE
AUGUST 2014 TO FEBRUARY 2015
Part of founding team for Google's News Lab, which collaborates with journalists and entrepreneurs to build the future of media.
Supported strategy development, led team brand and narrative development, and managed budget for cross-functional start-up team focused on how Google works with newsrooms.
GOOGLE+ MEDIA PARTNERSHIPS MANAGER
OCTOBER 2012 TO AUGUST 2014
Led onboarding of the top 200 US media outlets (with focus on publishers) onto the Google+ social platform from its early days.
Worked with top news outlets (e.g. The New York Times, Hearst, Vogue, NPR, Mashable, New York Magazine) at executive level to create innovative reporting projects with Google+ tools and increase Google+ platform engagement.
Created the first enterprise toolkit for Google+ publishing, the Google+ Partner Playbook and instructional GIF series for brands.
Led #Pridecast campaign and team from concept to execution, making New York's Pride March more accessible online. Program resulted in 60K+ user actions across platforms, positive press, 180M+ social impressions.
Pitched TIME partnership and handled creative development and technical challenges to deliver #MyBeautifulEarth program - a crowdsourced photo mosaic celebrating Earth Day. Program reached 1M+ site hits, 22K original social posts, 150M+ social impressions, saw positive press, and was promoted on the Google.com homepage.
Led Vogue partnership for Hangout series on CFDA Fashion Fund featured on Vogue.com over 6 weeks.
Led partnership for Mashable’s highly successful journalistic crowdsourcing innovation project, creating a “Digital Bill of Rights” on Google+ and Google Docs tools. Announcement saw 5000 shares, and final “Bill” saw 3200 shares and 50+ collaborators.
COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS, GOOGLE+ MARKETING
NOVEMBER 2011 TO OCTOBER 2012
Led Google+ media outreach in NYC. Promoted to national Media Lead and national Strategy and Operations Team for team of 50+ after 7 months.
+ Earlier Experience
CORCORAN SUNSHINE MARKETING GROUP - NEW YORK, NEW YORK
ON-SITE SALES + MARKETING ASSISTANT
NOVEMBER 2010 TO NOVEMBER 2011
- Independently initiated and completed development of new comprehensive On-site Assistant handbook and training guide for use across 20+ sites comprising multi-billion-dollar condo portfolio.
- Supported creative and press communications, marketing event planning, and CMS testing and launch.
CAMPAIGN, MAIL AND DATA, INC. - FALLS CHURCH, VIRGINIA
SPECIAL PROJECTS MANAGER
JULY - OCTOBER 2010
- Beta tested and advised on campaign fundraising management software in development phase.
- Created instructional and troubleshooting guide for software targeting non-profits and political campaigns, and supported account manager software training.
PRINCE OF WALES INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS LEADERS FORUM - LONDON, ENGLAND
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY RESEARCH INTERN
SUMMER 2007, SUMMER 2008
NORTH AMERICA TEAM RESEARCH INTERN
- Medium: The Google Memo is Google for Women at Google, 2017
- Medium: Let's talk about manipulative products, 2015
- Google Politics & Elections Blog: Take Part in MSNBC’s Hangout On Air Series about Marriage Equality, 2013
UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA - CHARLOTTESVILLE, VIRGINIA
MAJOR: FRENCH / MINOR: FOREIGN AFFAIRS
GRADUATED SPRING 2010
Dean’s List, 8 semesters
Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society, Member, Fall 2007-Spring 2010
National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Member, Fall 2007-Spring 2010
Alternative Spring Break – Treasure Beach, Jamaica, Site Leader, Spring 2009; Participant, Spring 2008
Delta Delta Delta, Beta Sigma Chapter, Licensing Chair, 2009; Member, Spring 2007 - Spring 2010
COURS DE CIVILISATION FRANÇAISE DE LA SORBONNE - PARIS, FRANCE
FRENCH LANGUAGE SUMMER SESSION, 2008
UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD - OXFORD, ENGLAND
UVA IN OXFORD SUMMER PROGRAM, 2007
CULTURE + OPERATIONS STRATEGY
PEOPLE OPERATIONS TOOLKIT DESIGN
TEAM MANAGEMENT + MENTORSHIP
A/B TESTING + DATA-DRIVEN DECISION-MAKING
COPY WRITING + EDITING
MARKET RESEARCH + ANALYSIS
BASIC CODING KNOWLEDGE
AUDIENCE + COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Activities + Interests
I'm an avid reader (primarily of fiction), an experienced flying trapeze artist and an intermediate climber. I have boundless energy for dinner parties and flower arranging. I spend a lot of my personal time on interior design and gardening (rooftop - I live in Brooklyn). I've never spent an unhappy moment in hiking boots. I’m from Northern Virginia with family ties to Mississippi. When I do karaoke, it's mostly Elvis and Lily Allen impressions. The cause I get the most excited about is improving education, and I believe in learning every day.